Finding what to focus on for a 10-day exploration period
You can rapidly take an area of your business to a new level by focusing on it exclusively.
If you have no idea what to focus on right now, here is a list of questions to make it clearer for you:
1. Where do you think is the bottleneck in your Shopify store?
- Do you get a lot of traffic, but a low conversion rate?
- Do you pay a lot for traffic and want to reduce that expense?
- Do people come back for second and third orders?
- Are people talking about your products to their friends and referring them back to your site?
- Are people happy with the way you are handling and shipping their orders?
- Can you make money just by sending an email to your list?
- Should you stop all ads today (if you’ve been running ads) where would your revenue be in 30 days? Where would you like it to be?
- Do you think people get the idea and the message behind your brand? Do you think that attracts or repels them?
2. Where is the bottleneck in you interfacing with your business?
- Do you find it hard to respond to customer requests in a timely fashion?
- Do you feel stressed (or bored) processing orders?
- What would you like to outsource but are afraid to?
- Is there something that has been sitting on your to-do list for days if not weeks, but you haven’t gotten to do it yet? Do you think it would make a meaningful impact on the business?
Answers to these questions lie in systems (and sometimes one-off fixes) that solve the underlying problems. But you do need the focus to learn more about the problem, the potential solutions and put in place the system. Even finding someone to do that for you requires time to research.
So, which question are you going to tackle now?
If you’ve read this far, you’ll like my guide to discovering missed revenue opportunities on your Shopify store!